Friday, October 30, 2009

New Doctor Today

Good morning, I don't know where the week went. I have been off on which day of the week it was, all week. On Tuesday I thought it was Monday and on Thursday I thought it was Wednesday. It's frustrating because I thought that since I was off of pain medicine that my short term memory loss would go away, but it hasn't. I have also noticed that I suffer from SSDD syndrome (same s**t, different day). That wasn't too surprising though, considering what I'm going through.

This past week I am still having those restless feelings, and as the day wears on, it gets progressively worse. I am really NOT thrilled about seeing a new doctor, but I am looking forward to meeting him, and hearing his take on all of my problems. I found out that his office is only 3 blocks from my house! NICE! If I could walk, I would. It is so close! So we will talk about my medicines and then do a quick pre-op appointment for Virginia Mason. I need to remember to call VM and ask them to fax over the pre-op papers to fill out (hoping that by typing this reminder I will remember it).

My right knee is getting progressively worse. It hurts so much that by the end of the day all I can do is cry. Last night I had to go downstairs because I asked dd to get me some round tins and she came upstairs 5 different times, with 5 different tins - none of which were round and white. I needed this particular tin to make some Pokeballs. I have 2 friends who have requested Pokemon tins and I have made them before, to look like pokeballs and they turned out great! I need to finish them and mail them off, so I had to have the tins. Anyway, as I was coming back upstairs, I could hardly make it. It was soooo painful! It took me a long time and I felt so old. God bless my little dog Shadow, he paitently waits behind me (like my shadow)until I can make it upstairs. He's so sweet! Monday, my dr from VM called and said that the next time I come to Seattle, he would schedule and MRI of my knee. I am going to ask my new local doc to schedule it in town and then whichever appointment happens first I will go to. I'm hoping to save some time, but we will see what happens.

I'll post later what happens at the doctor today! God bless you for sharing this journey with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment