Friday, March 19, 2010

Fibromyalgia and Me....

OK, this must have been a bad Fibro week for me. I have just been totally exhausted, to the point I can hardly get out of bed. I have made it to 5 doctor appointments and I have two more tomorrow. Today I went back to my hematologist to see if I was still low in iron, because last week they didn't finish my entire iron infusion. He said that my count was up, so there was nothing he could do. He sent me home with the advice, "Try and eat healthier." That's a lot of help.

So I did some research on the Internet. I typed in WebMD and then typed in exhaustion and you know what came up? Fibromyalgia! I knew it made me feel like I had the flu and I knew it made me have insomnia (thus my blog at 2:45 a.m.), but I didn't know it caused exhaustion, probably because I am not thinking clearly which incidentally is called FIBRO FOG! Wow, learned something new today! It makes sense now that I think about it, not enough sleep makes you tired, BUT I have been in bed at 6pm all week! So I shouldn't be exhausted, except that it also causes sleep apnea, which makes you not get into the good, REM sleep your body needs. So, if you are exhausted it may just be your fibro. DH, bless his heart, took me to Salish Lodge near Snoqualamie Falls tonight, for rest and relaxation. No kids, no tv, just us, and the soothing roar of the waterfall outside our door. AHHH, I feel relaxed, but I still can't sleep! The doctor put me on Trazadone, to help me sleep, but unless I am laying still it doesn't make me go to sleep. I guess typing isn't still enough because I'm still awake. I have been diagnosed with sleep apnea before, and restless leg syndrome so it's hard to say which came first (those or the fibro). I thought I was over the apnea, but maybe I'm not. I need to go and do another sleep study to find out for sure. I'm waiting for my new doctor to schedule that (it's been 6 weeks and so far, he hasn't, I bet he forgot). If you are reading this in the middle of the night, turn off your computer and try to rest. It will do you wonders! So sweet dreams and sleep with the angels my friends....

No comments:

Post a Comment