Saturday, March 20, 2010

Seattle Business and Pleasure

Yesterday I finished out my week of appointments with two more...in Seattle. First stop, Lynwood Virginia Mason to see my orthopedist about my knee. He said it was too early to do more syn visc injections. I fell TWICE before my 10 o'clock appointment because my knee caught, even though I was wearing a brace on both knees. Thank GOD dh was there to catch me! So, doc gave me a cortisone shot and said if it isn't better in 2 weeks to call him back because if my knee is catching a part of it may have broken off. NICE! So now my knee is swollen and even more sore fron the shot. I just hope it works, otherwise I may end up uwing a cane and I don't want that. We had a good 3 hour break between appointments and went to the Seattle Waterfront for lunch. It was a beautiful sunny, warm afternoon! We ate at Red Robin by a window with a gorgeous view of the bay and the mountains! We tried their new burger that had mushrooms sauteed in horseradish, with onions and dijon mustard on an onion roll. It sounds awful, but you couldn't taste the horshradish, and the mustard was mild, it was pretty good actually. I would try it again. It did leave a warm sensation in your mouth though. Dh could only find a parking place 3 blocks away from the restaurant (and that was a handicapped spot). So we took it very slow going to the car (he had dropped me off while he parked so I didn't have to walk so far, what a guy). As we walked down the boardwalk, he asked me, "What was the name of that little shop we used to go to that had all those weird things in it?" "Ye old curiosity shop?" I asked. We looked around and it seemed to have vanished...until we saw a sign that said PIRATES PLUNDER IMPORTS in the same spot where Ye Old Curiosity Shop used to be. It was incredible! It was still on the waterfront, but it was in this little alcove along with a vidoe arcade, restaurant and carousel. When we entered the alcove, we were greeted by some old prospectors and a PIRATE! I thought I had died and went to HEAVEN! I love pirates (I'm sure that has nothing to do with Jack Sparrow) and I am a pirate princess after all. This shop had everything Pirate and much more! If you don't have the opportunity to go to Seattle, visit them at www.piratesplunder.com It is definately worth the trip! Now it was time to go back to Virginia Mason Downtown Seattle to see my gastroenterologist about my stomache. My Yakima doctor thought I might have a hernia. He discussed it with a surgeon in Yakima and they decided that if it was a hernia, that they wouldn't do anything about it because SOMEDAY IT MAY CAUSE ANOTHER HERNIA. I'm not worried about someday! I'm worried about today! It hurts to sit up, bend over and now it is starting to hurt when I eat. When I eat I get a sharp burning pain in my stomach and I feel nauseous. By the time I got into a room to be seen I was in tears, from the pain in my knee and stomach and I was worried that he would blow me off like everyone else. I have had pain before, but it used to be underneath my right ribs and I finally decided that it must be from the fibromyalgia. So I hadn't seen this gastro doc for a couple years. Now I have a new, different type of pain in a different location. He LISTENED to me. He SYMPATHISZED with me. He BRAINSTORMED a list of ideas. I LOVE THIS GUY! He said that it made sense that my iron, calcium and vitamin D were low because I had a gastric bypass and all three things are linked together! He also thought I may have an ulcer. He said that with one kidney he was very worried about me taking too much ibuprofen. FINALLY, my HERO! Someone who puts it all together! He ordered blood work, and said he would call my Yakima doc and discuss it with him, and discuss getting me on something other than Ibuprofen to save my kidney and liver! He started me on RX strength Prilosec and ordered an upper endoscopy to make sure I didn't have any ulcers! WOW! I knew I liked VM for a reason! These guys really look at the big picture! I am so relieved! I'm almost giddy! He also suggested that I see a rheumotologist about my arthritis, since me knees are deteriorating and my spine is deteriorating. I've shrunk one inch already! Scary! Why didn't someone else suggest that? So, I left with hope, of feeling a little better...I waited 6 weeks to see him and have to wait 4 more for the endoscopy, but I have hope that he will find an answer and help me! That's better than, go home, wait, come back in 6 months if the problem isn't any better! PRAISE THE LORD! I went back home, still in pain, but full of hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment