Monday, March 8, 2010

March Madness

March has already been filled with appointment after appointment and they are not ending up any better than February I am afraid.

Dentist: 1 appt. - I got a call the morning before my appointment to fix my last 6 fillings. The secretary informed me that I had already maxed out my dental coverage for the year. I needed to pay $980 the next day to get them fixed. I did not have that kind of money, so I decided to just get one fixed, Even though they all hurt. While in there, the dentist told me that my poor teeth had decayed even
more! Luckily he did not charge me to fix the other decay he found when fixing the one lowly tooth he fixed. Since there was more decay, the price of fixing the other teeth went up! I am hoping to get the rest fixed when our income tax comes in.


Iron Infusion: 1 appt. - this took another 7 hours for a 4 hour infusion! This time it was only 3 IV's, but I got another allergic reaction to the iron, despite more premeds. At 4 in the afternoon, my arm started to get hives, and the nurse said, that's it, you are done. Go home. I still had 2 hours to go on my infusion, but she said that I had already had too much counteracting meds and that we were going to stop. She didn't even consult a doctor first! Oh, and she was really mad at me because TWICE the IV came out, again! The first time I was in the bathroom and I went to go wash and my hand was already wet. I looked down and there was blood all over the floor. I felt so bad, because I left a blood trail from the bathroom to the nurses station and then back to my chair. The second time I was just sitting there and it slipped out. The IV machine started to beep (occlusion) and I tried to push the IV back in, but it didn't work. The nurse got mad at me again! She said, "What the hell is going on? IV's don't just fall out!" She looked at me accusingly, like I was pulling them out myself or something! I was so glad to get out of there! Besides, after the infusion I had to take my son's friend back to Seattle. What a long day that was! I didn't get back home until 11:30 that night!

Physical Therapy: 2 appointments - I got a tens unit which I love! Except that my second lead quit working and my PT left for vacation, so I've had a week without 4 leads. Two is better than none though. He gave me just a few exercises to do at home. Moving my neck side to side, up and down and shoulder to shoulder. Pelvic tilts to strengthen my lower back and gently bending my knees side to side and shrugging my shoulders up and down. Oh my gosh! I can't believe how much it hurt to do such little exercise! It was embarrassing to think how weak and sore my muscles were. He said that my nerves were super hypersensitive and now we are working on desensitizing them. He was gone all last week, so I start up again today. Hopefully I will have made a little progress.

Today starts another marathon of doctor appointments. This week I have physical therapy twice,a DMSO treatment once, and then to Seattle for my stomach and knees. Yesterday the girls started soccer practice. So I have something going on everyday! How exhausting! I spent most of Monday in bed, exhausted from our trip to Spokane Saturday and Sunday. I feel a little better today, but I haven't gotten out of bed yet. That's when the pain starts, when I get out of bed! Lately, I've been getting tired, just showering. I really hate that! You wouldn't think that would be difficult but it is. Everything I do takes so much more time now, and the rest of the world isn't slowing down for me, so it is very frustrating! Come back soon to see what else is happening in my world. Shellie

No comments:

Post a Comment