Monday, August 15, 2011

A little more about my anemia...

OK, this morning I called my doctor to get the test results from my stool culture. I definately have blood in my stool, so most likely that is where my blood is going and then coming out of my body. Now the receptionist told me that they would set up a colonoscopy at Yakima Gastroenterology. I told her that Virginia Mason was going to do a colonoscopy and an endoscopy and she put me on hold. Then she came back and said that the doctor thought I was going to do that at Virginia Mason, so he would have to make a referral to Yakima Gastroenterology. Does that make any sense to you? It doesn't make sense to me either. I said, "You just told me he was referring me to Yakima Gastroenterology." She said, well, he thought you were going back to Seattle and since you can't get into Seattle until October he will refer you here instead. I still don't understand. In the meantime I am waiting for a call to find out for sure what is going on. I am tempted to call back Virginia Mason and tell them my results and see if they can see me any sooner, but I don't want to complicate things any more than they are. Oh, then she told me that my doctor is out of town for two weeks. He is supposed to check his messages though...so I don't really know much more than I did yesterday, EXCEPT that I am definately losing blood in my stool. So the question remains...what is going to be done to fix it? Come back soon and see if I find out anymore information. Please leave me a comment so that I know you were here and sharing in my drama!

No comments:

Post a Comment